Monday, January 12, 2015

Song of the Week

Hello peeps and my fellow insane people in this rather crazy world! And welcome to another question of the week where we wonder about life in general and what is wrong with humanity.

This week's question is simple, what is your theme song of the week? What song this week do you think represents YOU?

Currently I have multiple songs that I consider my theme song(s) and many of you know my main theme song :). However the one that stands out at the moment is: "Me against the World" by Simple Plan.

My reasoning is simple, since currently between the homework, tests, and applications I'm about to go crazy. Especially with my parents ranting and raving about it all. When I'm pretty messed up in the head myself already.

Yet this one song, captures that beautifully all in one, it really resonates with me.

"I'm a nightmare, a disaster
That's what they always said
I'm a lost cause, not a hero
But I'll make it on my own
I've gotta prove them wrong
Me against the world
It's me against the world"

Above is just one stanza in the song, but it reflects my situation perfectly. You know those times when you want to scream to the world, "I know! I know! I know! I know that there is tons I should be doing and I should have done earlier. But with all the talk you have about moving forward for the future you keep on dragging stuff up from my past and shoving it into my face. I want to move forward, but how can I when you remind me all the mistakes I've made?"

But this one song, gives me a hope. Since it says, you know what? Yeah you're pretty messed up and everyone might back you into a corner telling who you should be and why. That doesn't mean that you have to listen though. So BE yourself, don't let anyone tell you want you can't or can do. WRITE your own path and WALK it.

"Now I'm sick of this waiting
So come on and take your shot
You can spit all your insults
But nothing you say is gonna change us
You can sit there and judge me
Say what you want to
We'll never let you in"

Call it stubbornness, call it rebelling, call it whatever you want. This song reminds me that, yes I will take everyone's thought into consideration but that doesn't mean you can boss me around and put me down for my choices. Heck no. Only God can do that.

So, I'm going to end this with a section of a poem I wrote :)

"So you're not falling,
You're flying,
Soaring and spreading your wings,
Daring the ground to catch you,
Or the wind to stop you."

~Sora

Written originally on Oct 29, 2014

2 comments:

  1. My song of the week is Let's Not Play Pretend. It's a fan made song about Peeta and Katniss :) I'm really into the Hunger Games right now so yeah. Great song, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll see if I can listen to it when I find the time!

      Delete