Monday, January 12, 2015

Seasons and What They Matter

Hey everyone! Yeesh can you believe that the year is almost over? Well anyway, it's another question of the week! And this week the question is quite similar as usual, what is your favorite season and why?

Personally, my favorite season is winter. Although summer is starting to be a close second. In fact, in order my favorite seasons would be winter, fall, summer, and spring. Hey if you look at that, I like the seasons in reverse order. HA!

The reason I love winter is because how it's a moment of reflecting. Since winter is when things start winding down, the end approaching to open the gateways  to the new year. A moment in time when you can think back on what happened in the past year and really think about your decisions as well as how much you've grown.

It's also because snow and ice are beautiful, dangerous, but beautiful and reminds me of hot chocolate near the fireplace while telling funny stories with love ones. Or having fun making snowpeople, snow angels, and have snowball fights. Maybe because winter let's me be a child in the midst of all this craziness we accept as our daily lives. Also it's awe inspiring see all that snow covering everything! I love white winters.

In addition, winter is when we celebrate Christmas! I'm not talking about the presents and parties (though those are pretty awesome too haha) but how Jesus was born with humble beginnings and grew to be our savior. Winter reminds me of His sacrifice and how the start of something new, no matter how small can impact so much.

So, I love winter. I love it for it's symbolism as the end of chapter but the start of a new one. I love it for it's beauty and love. However most of all, I love it for it's redemption and hope.

~Sora

Written originally on Nov 11, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment