Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dinner for Two?

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR’S PEEPS!

Well I have a question, shall we get onto it? Very well, what fictional character would you want to have dinner with? Or rather spend the day with?

Personally I'm torn between five different characters, one who probably wonder if I’m insane but think I’m alright after getting to know me, second who would think he’ll understand me a bit more through a cardgame and then think I’m a pretty cool, the third would either belittle me or think I’m a bore but interesting to have come from an alternate dimension, the fourth would be someone who I would quite pleased to learn about his gift as well as know him as a person, and the last would likely insult my intelligence but nevertheless it would be amusing to follow his daily life.

The five individuals I mentioned in no particular order are obviously Sawada Tsunayoshi (KHR), Aichi Sendou (Cardfight Vanguard), Merlin (BBC Merlin), Artemis Fowl II (Artemis Fowl), and Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock BBC or Sherlock Holmes, film).

Sawada Tsunayoshi, known as dame and worthless, misjudged and thought weak. But I love the world of Katekyo Hitman Reborn (KHR) because of how Reborn changed Tsuna's life. The impact that one person can have on someone's life is quite amazing. Although my main reason is because I connect to Tsuna, I know how it feels as if you're useless and worthless, to make so many mistakes we wonder why people give us another chance, what it feels like to be an only child, to not really have a father by there when it really matters, and to not have friendship until it’s almost too late. Then to have an amazing, annoying, loveable, and beautiful group of friends who saved me from the grasps of worse than death and thank you God for that. I suppose I would like to spend time with Tsuna to talk about our friends and our interest, how we like video games, care about our friends, and so on.

Aichi Sendou, winner of many top cardfighting tournaments, quite intelligent, will do whatever to keep those he cares for as well as others safe. But put him in front of a crowd of people to do a speech or answer a question in school and he'll turn all red while trying to blend in the background. Sound familiar? Maybe if you saw how I acted when cardfighting you would see the parallels between Aichi and I. Both of us are easily embarrassed and often rather fade in the background than stand in the spotlight. We’ve both faced bullies in our younger days, know what it feels like to feel hopeless but wish for hope in the hopeless times, and wish most of all for a little bit more strength. However all that hopelessness changes when you face us over a cardfight vanguard board, you have a challenge then. May I add we’re both extremely obsessively protective of our friends? A simple cardgame, brought us a little light and maybe it seems kind of silly for something so simple as a game to show us that there is still hope. But isn’t the stories we listen to as children that spurs us on? Anyway, I want to chill with my favorite cardfighter by cardfighting. Plus I feel like Aichi and I would hit it off as friends, one can never have too many after all. Simple as that.

Merlin, no last name but he is famously known as the first old man in a batter hat and wizard staff, who aided King Arthur Pendragon and his Round Table in creating Albion. Except in this version, Merlin isn’t an old man and he’s actually Arthur’s manservant. It’s just watching Merlin’s struggles as he tries to bring back magic into a kingdom that would probably much rather see his head on a platter is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. The bravery and strength he has but most of all the mistakes he makes are what truly brings this character’s development reality for my eyes. He isn’t the untouchable old powerful man in the stories and legends. But a human who just has that little spark of magic and wisdom, and knows that it isn’t magic that really is evil but the darkness in man’s hearts. Personally I want to meet Merlin and comfort him, to tell him that Arthur might be gone for now. But Albion will always be in our hearts.

Artemis Fowl II, a boy genius who almost toppled an entire race and brilliant in almost everything he does intellectually. Did I mention he happens to be a criminal genius child mastermind? Out of these five characters, Artemis is a childhood story that I have followed since I was a fourth grader. It was and still is one of my favorite stories to read and re-read when I have to chance. When I was younger, the adventures of Artemis captured me because of how exciting and interesting the idea of another world underneath ours would be. But now it is because of the bonds and growth that Artemis as well as other characters goes through that truly make me enjoys this series. Since Artemis was not the kindest of individuals when he was a child, in fact he was pretty cruel. Not surprising being a child criminal mastermind, having his father vanish when he was around nine, his mother becoming mentally ill, and barely anyone to keep him safe but himself and his faithful butler, Butler. Yet as the book progresses, he slowly begins to understand that there is more to life than merely surviving. That life isn’t life without actually LIVING. So I would love to meet Artemis in person to get to know him as a person. Since reading the books, far too many people either underestimate him or overestimate him and rarely does anyone actually take the time to know him as a person. Well obviously like any story Artemis does learn what friendship is and slowly tries to gain redemption for his past actions. So maybe that’s why I connect to him, since I understand how it feels to make too many mistakes and wonder if it’s too late to repair them. Or is it?

Sherlock Holmes, we know him as the incredible first and only counselor detective. Those who watch the BBC version also know him to be blunt, sarcastic, hates the world, and pricelessly funny to watch. In addition to the fact he claims to be a highly functioning sociopath. (But we all know he cares.) Regardless I would love to get to know this particular character because despite the fact he would probably insult me in the first few minutes of meeting. It would be amazing to watch his observations and deductions in reality. In addition to learning the lessons of observations and deduction from Sherlock himself! Not to sound arrogant but I always felt that I was a pretty observant and able to deduct quickly with only a few facts to my disposal. However Sherlock Holmes turns this into an art and the chance to learn from the most observant man himself would be wicked. Not to mention how fun it would be to just learn from the detective because once you get past his tendency to blurt out every truth he can observe from you. Well you have to admit it’s quite amazing with how he can literally tell you, your own life story with only a few facts.
               
Well, there you go. The five individuals I would enjoy to spend a day with or merely have dinner with. Each of these individuals is unique in their different ways but at the core, not so different from one another than most may think. So tell me, who would you like to spend the day or have dinner with? Place your answer in the comments below! I would love to know.


~Sora

4 comments:

  1. I would love to spend a day with Itachi Uchiha? Who else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But why would you want to have dinner with him?

      Delete
    2. I want someone to treat me like a younger brother, because I never got to have that sort of relational experience. Itachi is someone I can admire because he is wise, shrewd, and he tries his best to be righteous.

      Delete
  2. I would eat a Happy Meal with Ronald McDonald...JK

    The first one who comes to mind is Luna Lovegood. Her conversations can head into "weird" territory and she's the type of person who I would love to chat with. Also, I'm sure she's easy on the eyes and can tolerate any food.

    If not, I would love to discuss classical music and history over a nice dinner and glass of *insert beverage here* with Roderich Edelstein.

    ReplyDelete