Monday, January 12, 2015

Colors Clash

Hey everyone! I just feel like ranting today, nothing negative actually just wanted to start a discussion. So question of the day is wait for it....what is your favorite color!?

Lol, no serious what is everyone's favorite color and why?

My favorite color is orange. At first my reason for liking the color was because of a certain anime/manga I watched/read called Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Since in Reborn, there are these powers called dying will. When your resolution was strong enough they would appear as a flame of a certain color that represented a weather, each weather reflecting a personality type. Orange represented sky flames, the one who accepted all and believed in others. I've always been the friendship girl in my group of friends and well the idea of the sky flame just resonated with me. In addition to the fact my favorite character Sawada Tsunayoshi had sky flames.

However, unlike before there is a deeper meaning for orange to be my favorite color now. A small reason is that orange remind me of my favorite fruit, hard and tough on the outside but soft on the inside. Tangy but sweet, so surprising when you bite into it. It wakes you up in the morning or comforts you at night.

Here is another reason why, since orange reminds me of sunsets and sunrises, of the sky when it turns to dusk or rises into dawn. When the world is peaceful for that one moment that you want to capture on film or just sit next to the ocean or lake and bask in the glory of nature. When the rays of the sun spreads around you and wraps you in a blanket of light. Where you can whisper to yourself in the quiet, this world might seem so war tore by life but really, there is a beauty to it.

Orange is fire, the lowest temperature of fire. If you were to touch it, it would hurt but it's comfortable to sit next too. Watching as the smoke float into the air in the dead of the night. There is something magical in orange, it's the least liked color yet it holds so much meaning to me. It's creepy looking when it's a pasty orange or a dark orange, but light neon bright orange is nice. Like I said, it's warm, comforting, and reminds me of home.

So I love orange! Tell me what your favorite color and let's discuss~

~Sora

Written originally on Oct 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment